Sunday 4 May 2008

Phase 1 - Germination - Day 01

Well, day 1.
Let's see now....

I chose 15 of my darkest seeds: (It seems logical to me that the darker they are, the more oils they have, therefore, the healthier they are).
Why 15 seeds? Well, I reckon only about 10 will germinate, and of those, half will be males. 1 for luck, and that leaves me with 4 plants.


Step 1 -
Prepare a little ceramic dish with absorbent paper. (You could also use toilet paper, sanitary pads or even plain old cotton wool, I guess)



Step 2 -

Thouroughly Wet the paper.



Step 3 -

Evenly distribute the seeds over the paper.


Step 4 -

Cover with another layer of paper, and pour in some more water. Remember to always keep watering the seeds.. preferably, everything must be under 1 cm of water.



The idea now is to keep the seeds in complete darkness.
I have covered the Ceramic dish with a small plate, and placed it on top of my Cable Modem. It is constantly 28ยบ on top of that modem.

Now, if all goes to plan, in roughly 1 week, I should be planting the little ones into their plastic cups.

Any tips on how I could have improved this step?

No comments: